Our vision expresses our place in the world. It captures our reason for being and defines our direction as an association.
WE ARE THE PRINCIPAL ASSOCIATION REPRESENTING THE CREATIVE EVENTS PROFESSIONAL, GLOBALLY
Our brand values are a set of principles that we believe in; that define who we are, what we do and how we do it. Our brand values also help us to craft what we say and how we say. Each of our values are communicated internally throughout the organization and carefully explained. We tell people what our values mean to them and how they can share them.
Our core values are:
The International Live Events Association provides members and stakeholders:
- Collaborative networking
- Education and professional development
- Outward awareness and credibility
to ensure a thriving global creative events profession.
ILEA Principles of Professional Conduct and Ethics
Your live event is important – the last thing you want to worry about is the integrity of your live events professional. That’s why all ILEA members subscribe to the ILEA Principles of Professional Conduct and ethics, listed below. Each member of ILEA shall agree to adhere to the following:
- Promote and encourage the highest level of ethics within the profession of the special events industry while maintaining the highest standards of professional conduct.
- Strive for excellence in all aspects of our profession by performing consistently at or above acceptable industry standards.
- Use only legal and ethical means in all industry negotiations and activities.
- Protect the public against fraud and unfair practices, and promote all practices which bring respect and credit to the profession.
- Provide truthful and accurate information with respect to the performance of duties. Use a written contract clearly stating all charges, services, products, performance expectations and other essential information.
- Maintain industry accepted standards of safety and sanitation.
- Maintain adequate and appropriate insurance coverage for all business activities.
- Commit to increase professional growth and knowledge, to attend educational programs and to personally contribute expertise to meetings and journals.
- Strive to cooperate with colleagues, suppliers, employees, employers and all persons supervised, in order to provide the highest quality service at every level.
- Subscribe to the ILEA Principles of Professional Conduct and Ethics, and abide by the ILEA Bylaws and policies.
This professional code is just another reason why you should hire an ILEA member for your next live event.