April 8, 2018
Conference Producer – Team Lead
e=mc2 events is seeking an experienced Conference Producer to develop and lead a team. The Conference Producer / Team Lead role requires conference planning and the effective management of the resources of the business unit.
Are you an experienced professional committed to the craft of conference planning? Do you have the talent blend of innovation, creativity, fiscal acumen and logistics? Does your keepsake folder hold glowing testimonials from clients? Do you enjoy coaching a team to produce an exceptional conference product while fostering their personal growth? Are you flexible when meeting client objectives? Do you love conferences and have fun at work? Do you want to be involved in developing a great business model & team? This opportunity may be for you!
e=mc2 events is looking a conference planner with the know-how to set up the best business model for a fast-paced conference department. You will have direct influence over how to
re-structure, manage and oversee the conference department functions to ensure operational excellence, client satisfaction, team member growth and profitability.
If you fit this description please submit your cover letter and resume through indeed.ca Thank you in advance; however only potential candidates will be contacted.
Example of Areas of Responsibilities: (TBD)
Team & Project Management:
- Produce and lead projects
- In cooperation of the Director of Production and other Team Leads, determine best practices and strategies to oversee events, conference and personnel.
- Determine project needs and assign work to team members that are the best match for the project and client, while ensuring a balanced work load and schedule for the business unit.
- Responsible for forecasting people resources and coach team to adherence to company standards while ensuring profitability and client satisfaction.
- Mentor and coach team members on operations, innovations and project requirements.
- Complete performance reviews with direct reports and identify goals and professional development growth opportunities.
Sales activities / Proposals:
- Interact professionally with the sales team and clients from the initial sales process
- Develop proposals that outline services, creative project ideas and budget development
- Present proposed ideas to client with supporting team
Qualifications and Skills:
- A minimum of six years’ experience in large scale conference or meeting management that encompasses all conference elements.
- Experience in Incentive & Destination Management programs
- Demonstrated project management, time management, and organizational skills, with the ability to manage a team of people and projects by setting priorities that accurately reflect the relative importance of activities or job duties.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and travel out of town & internationally as required.
- Leadership skills to provide vision, motivation and guidance to team
e=mc2 events looks forward to the upcoming year with inspiring clients and exciting projects. Be part of creating a successful team! Future opportunities for project contractors are also on the horizon – apply today!